Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 9 - Issue Control Tactics

The text book mentions a few issue control tactic but i think it missed one of the best ways of dealing with issues which would be confronting it. I believe it is very important to deal with issues, conflicts right in the beginning when it arises. It is important to have an atmosphere without stress and tension around and the sooner it is sorted the better it is. I think companies should have a special meeting session at least once a month focused only on the issues, conflicts or any opinion clash . It could be very helpful as issues could be solved and better results could be obtained. I think this exercise would even help the employees be more interactive and be able to speak whats on their mind without having any kind of fear.

1 comment:

cathyblog08 said...

It is true the sooner an issue is addressed the better as long as people are not emotional about it. If people are upset I believe it is best to wait and resolve the issue as soon as the "other" person is open enough to listen and discuss the issue. Some people though avoid conflicts and delay dealing with issues. I had an issue with a manager in another department who several times blamed me for something I had not done. I wanted to schedule a meeting to find why he blamed me but my manager stopped me and asked me to wait. The situation got worse and finally somebody went and talk to him. I wish my manager had not stopped me because by waiting he turned that was probably just a little misunderstanding into a much bigger deal.